9 Simple & Valuable Hacks to Boost SERP CTR
Websites with high ranking in SERP and maximum CTR percentage can boost up the traffic towards website. It is a fact that the top 3 results of SERPs will have maximum number of visitors compared to other results. Usually, users click on the top 3 results, and hence it is important to maintain your website in top results of SERP.
The CTR depends on how click-attractive your website looks in Google search results. There is no shortage of tips to boost your organic CTR. Though CTR is the biggest ranking factor, it gets little attention.
You can’t reach people and ask them to click on the webpage. However, you can have a little control over the click-through-rate (CTR).
To boost SERP CTR percentage, you need to adopt some SEO tricks. Some of the tips are quite innovative, fun and exciting to experiment with. Let’s explore some of the tips to boost your organic CTR.
- Write unique and catchy titles
Title of the web page plays a very important role in enhancing the visibility of your website on search engine results. Good and attractive title is the key thing which should never be ignored. In order to write a catchy title, you should follow some rules given below –
- The limitation of characters should be 55-60
- The viewer should be able to predict what the webpage is about by seeing the title
- Use powerful words that draw some expectations in user’s mind
- Add numbers in Title
- Use relevant keywords along with interesting adjectives such as – absolute, free, effortless etc.
By following the above rules, you can attract more number of visitors to your website.
- Being little dramatic
You can enhance the traffic of your website dramatically by triggering the audience emotions. Emotional triggers often make people click and you are more likely to drive them to your website. Having an SEO headline may sound professional, but will not target the viewers. You can format emotional headlines by –
- Asking a question in the headline
- Making something quick and easy
- Use adjectives, adverbs and power words in the title
Pure emotions may not get noticed by search engines. But, if you want the viewers to click on your website link, you should act emotional.
- Improve the structure of URL
It is important for the users to navigate to your website easily. Improving the structure of URL is an important part of creating an SEO optimized website. Improving the URL links will also help you improve the organic CTR.
- Make the URL descriptive to earn the trust of searcher
- Descriptive URL enhances CTR on social media
- It should be easy to navigate and help them find what they are looking for
A perfect URL structure can reduce the bounce rate and improve the dwell time.
- Perfect Meta description
Meta description tag is very important in SEO as it displays the description of summary and snipped title just below the title in search engine results. Some tips to write a perfect Meta description are –
- It should be about the content of your website and should include primary keywords.
- It should be different from the Meta description of other pages
- It should be limited to 160 characters
- It should be in the form of summary that explain the whole content of the website
Meta description is one of the key factors that help in displaying your website on top search engine results.
- Long, Quality and informative content
There is a saying – “content is the king”. However, if the content is not informative and unique, it is useless to optimize the website using different SEO tools. Some of the tips to write top quality content is –
- Content should be plagiarism free
- It should be free from grammar errors and typos
- It should be user-friendly and should have relevant images and videos
- Each and every paragraph should be well connected
- It must be long
- Link out to authoritative resources
I am sure, quality and informative content will compel viewers to click on your website.
- Google Analytics reports
Content marketers can improve organic search performance by making proper use of Google Analytics reports. This will not only help them improve the ranking of their page, but will increase the landing page conversion rates. Google Analytics is the best SEO tool that tells you how users and Google perceive your webpage, when they see it. You can –
- Set up a conversion goal to know overall search performance
- Analyze the bounce rate and reduce it.
- Know how to attract right visitors
- Make the landing pages readable for users
- Find and improve low performing search terms
It is important to know how Google Analytics works and how to target right audience.
- Clean up your website
We all know that good SEO involves good web design. This is one of the best trends in SEO and you can’t rank if you are above the fold on search engines. Some basic SEO tips will help you clean up your website, which are as below –
- Reducing the clutter in sidebar to reduce the bounce rate
- Reducing the ad space on the webpage, as too many ads can drive people away from your website
- Keeping the ads below fold to make sure that the ads are not covering the content
You can use different tools to clean up the website and improve the CTR.
- Use rich snippets
Over the past few years, search algorithms have changed a lot. However, there are certain factors that play an important role in improving the CTR. When using search engines, users have a specific end result in mind. After typing relevant keywords or phrases in search box, users are left with a multitude of results which looks relevant.
Rich snippets are making their way into SERPs and are considered to be effective ways of improving CTRs. To make the snippets rich and interesting –
- Use Author markup Rel=Author
- Define your own optimizing and markup goals
- Use Google Rich Snippet testing tool
- Implement Author Rank
The main thing is to decide which snippets are beneficial for your stand and help it stand ahead of your competitors.
- Use breadcrumb navigation
Breadcrumb Navigation is one of the best techniques supported by Google that increase organic clicks. It will allow users to see and use a step-by-step pathway of links to navigate your site. This is one of the best SEO concepts today that affects the organic search results. If your users are not able to find way to go back to the previous page, it means they want a link that takes where they started from. Here is the list of breadcrumbs that are commonly used – Path breadcrumbs, Location breadcrumbs, Keyword or attribution breadcrumbs. If you want the breadcrumbs to work for you, you should –
- Use breadcrumbs when you feel like they will help the user
- Avoid linking to the current page
- Avoid replacing main navigation with breadcrumbs
- Avoid using breadcrumbs in page title
You will generate more clicks, if your search listing is attractive. Breadcrumb navigation will help you improve CTR.
By following the above Hacks – you will not only boost SERP CTR, but will be able to convert your visitors into potential customers.
There are many ways and benefits of improving organic click-through-rates. It will mean more traffic, more sales and more leads. There is always a way to improve the current results of your webpage.
Say ‘NO’ to low CTR by optimizing the pages that are biggest losers! Increasing CTR is not a rocket science. By using the right tools, techniques and best practices, you will see more clicks and enhanced engagement with the users.
Want to share some more tips? Use the comments section to tell about your experience!
January 18, 2017
January 11, 2017
December 28, 2016